How Should You Clean Your Oven?
Cleaning an oven seems like a daunting task that you put off for weeks or even months. The inside of the oven can be hard to get to, and burnt on grease is very stubborn, making the whole process of cleaning quite stressful if you’re not using the right cleaning method and products.
But, a clean oven will ensure your cooking environment is hygienic for friends and family alike.
How do I clean the inside of my oven?
1. In a small bowl, mix together 1/2 a cup of baking soda with a few tablespoons of water until you have a paste substance.
2. Spread your homemade paste all over the interior of your oven.
3. Let the baking soda solution to soak on the oven
4. Take a damp dish cloth and wipe down the interior
5. Put some white vinegar in a spray bottle and spray it all over the interior of the oven
6. Take a damp cloth and do a final wipe-down
How To Clean Oven Racks
The best way to clean the metal racks is to remove them from the oven and soak them in boiling water with a little dishwasher detergent.
The bath is a suitable place to soak oven racks, and can easily be cleaned after. Simply soak for two hours and scrub the racks with a stiff brush, rinse, and dry before returning them to the oven.
Instead of boiling water, you can also use baking soda and water mixture with vinegar spray. The most important tip is to let the oven racks soak in the mixture, the longer you soak the less scrubbing will be needed.
How to Clean a Glass Oven Door
The best method to clean glass oven doors is a mixture once again of baking soda and vinegar. If there is built-up grease and grime on the glass, sprinkle some baking soda, spray the baking soda and vinegar solution on the surface and you will begin to see it bubble, which helps to remove the buildup.
Just remember, to try to wipe down the oven at least once a month to prevent tough food buildup and burnt on grease to keep scrubbing to a minimum! The more you do, the less painful it becomes.